[bct] Re: Oddness about the sighted

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:22:56 +0000

Dear Impudent,
                      Interestingly I was at a conference yesterday about
mobile learning and accessibility.  I have been interested for some time in the
fact that we make little use of audio in learning in the mainstream and there
are distinct advantages to exploring this as well as differences in the way
people learn from different media that could be explored.

I was encouraged to see that mobile learning with the restrictions imposed by
such devices is encouraging developers to explore the use of audio more than
was the case with PC based e-Learning.

This has to have pay offs for the blind too in terms of accessibilty of

I am getting involved with some use of digital audio and [pdcasting here at the
University I work at for language and culture teaching in German Studies which
is looking very interesting.

Perhaps a podcast on that at some point?

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick
University House