[bct] Re: Observations on the Church Audio microphones

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:50:03 -0500

The things, Neal, if a high end sound is hearable with the ears, I would think that the mike, plus or minus its own high end response characteristics, would hear them, especially if it were omni.

Interestingly, I did not hear excessive liveness in DB's office, so am wondering if the enclosed space can account for the high end difference.

A real test would be for her to go outside at night and record crickets, they have a lot of high end in their cricking and perhaps that would tell. I heard a good deal of highs in your mike review when you did the mid-side example outside at night, I think it was. Of course, we can't really compare mikes of such disparate price ranges, but I really do wonder about the seeming difference between in and out.
But, since it obviously happened, perhaps you are right and I need more Wheaties with Scotch, breakfast of champions.