[bct] Re: Observations on the Church Audio microphones

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:45:28 -0600

A further comment on this.  We were talking about how high these mikes
would record in the frequency spectrum.  Of course, to even come close
to picking up frequencies at say 30 KHZ, you would have to be recording
at a sampling rate well above 44.1.  The only way I got the bat sounds
was to record at a sampling rate of 192 which, fortunately, the Sound
Devices recorder will do.  Boy! Does that take up a lot of space on your
hard drive.

Neal