[bct] Observations on the Church Audio microphones

  • From: "Debee Norling" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:39:21 -0800

Dan,
Well, as for the wind screens, they are really hard to remove so I didn't
remove them.

As for the limiting, I'm a bit concerned my levels were set too high. That's
difficult to set with the MD recorder.

As for the head turning, I clipped the mics to my collar. I see a bit, and
since I have to cross many parking lots, I'm often squinting around, then
looking down at my dog to address him.  I hope it didn't cause auditory
dizziness. (For people like Pam who knew me as a child, yes you heard right,
I was born with no vision and had a cornea transplant at age 20, hence I do
a lot of squinting around but for all practical purposes have no effective
travel vision.)

As for the other stuff, I'm not a mic techie, so maybe you should do a
beginner cast on microphone terminology. Sort of a mic specs 101. What for
example is quantization? This recording stuff is strictly a hobby and so I
really don't know a lot.

--Debee