[bct] Re: OLD FORMAT

  • From: "Phil Vlasak" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:47:51 -0500

Hi Larry,
In deciding what format would make listening to your podcasts easier I realized
that one piece of software is doing something close to it now.
The iVocalize audio chat software from www.Audio-Tips.com has the ability to
record an audio chat in .wma format and it also creates a .htm file of the chat
at the same time.
If you play the .wma file it is like listening to an MP3 file with no ability
to know who is talking. But if you run the .htm file you have the ability to
know who is speaking at any time.
This means that the .htm file saves the speaker's name and the time they are
The program as it stands will only  pause or stop the file but with a little
development it probably could skip to a specific marker.
I have been using iVocalize for over a year to record a Dungeons and Dragons
audio chat game that is held every Sunday night at 9:00 PM eastern time in the
gamers room.
The game players are all blind or visually impaired and we play the traditional
version of the game not an electronic version.
We all have the rule books in text format and we use a computer based free dice
roller produced by GMA games.

Phil Vlasak