[bct] Re: Norton misbehaves

  • From: Haroon Probst <haroon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:41:57 +1100

Hi list, I have also had much trouble with Norton doing some very bad things to my computer so I also decided to go with Avg and it was the best thing that I have ever done.

At 01:11 PM 16/03/2006, you wrote:

Hi list,

I bought the AVG license and once things are set up the way I want it, it works fine. Norton did nasty things especially when I was using Windows Millennium; for some reason, it deleted certain sounds in the media folder within the Windows folder, and some of those sounds were essential; somebody else had the same problem and the only way we could both fix the problem was to restore a backed-up registry file; unfortunately, I doubt that would work with XP since, if I recall correctly, the registry is scattered all over the place.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss