[bct] Norton misbehaves

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:11:57 -0800

Hi list,

I bought the AVG license and once things are set up the way I want it, it works fine. Norton did nasty things especially when I was using Windows Millennium; for some reason, it deleted certain sounds in the media folder within the Windows folder, and some of those sounds were essential; somebody else had the same problem and the only way we could both fix the problem was to restore a backed-up registry file; unfortunately, I doubt that would work with XP since, if I recall correctly, the registry is scattered all over the place.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss