[bct] Re: Norton Ghost and Nero

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:50:10 -0600

Frankly, I agree; however, I can understand why they do things the way they
do.  You and I and most others here are doubtless familiar with the Windows
platform; be it 98, 2000, ME or XP.  However, there does stand the
possibility that some listener out there may not be as familiar as are we
with these things; therefore, it's better to err on the side of giving more
explanations than fewer.  This brings up a question.  Given that there are
obviously at the very least two ways of doing a review, (the way which
explains every thing and the way which just seems to rush through the
"standard stuff") might it be better to offer both types of review?  ON the
face of it, the answer might seem to obviously be yes; however, this causes
more work for the reviewer; unless, that is, the reviewer records just one
version which explains everything and then records a brief summary of the
standard stuff and drops it in to the file in place of the detailed version.
What do y'all think about that?

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray