[bct] Re: Noisy restaurants and noise in general

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:50:52 -0800 (PST)

Chuck E. Cheese is very noisy, but it is a little kid's paradise with all sorts
of games to play.  I took my daughter to the one that opened in Anchorage when
she was just a little kid - probably 5 years old.  It was a very nice, albeit
noisy place, much larger than the ones they have now so there was less noise
overall because of the size of the structure.

I now take the grandkids to Chuck E. Cheese in nearby town and the noise is
much greater because the building is much smaller and there is a lot of glass
(more reflection of sound).  However, no one goes there for very long and no
one goes for the food.

The children love it and run around in a safe place (you are stamped with a UV
stamp when you come in and all parents/children/grandparents must match up upon
leaving) and slide on slides, crawl through tunnels, ride on a car with a
camera to take a snapshot, a tiny merry go round, a smally flying car,
squirting targets with water streams, some sort of rolling ball game (I don't
know what it is called), several other ball toss games and a lot of different
sorts of electronic games including pseudo race car driving.  They even have a
tot section with things for them to do.

Parents endure the noise because it is like an enclosed playground where the
children can run and romp and the parents can sort of lean back and let it
happen.  No cars to worry about, no running off the playground - it is all
contained in one small, noisy area.

The pizza is merely a way of keeping children and parents from starving to
death during the hour they stay there.  No one stays very long - it is just too
loud with all those kids and the sounds of the machines.