[bct] Re: Noisy restaurants and noise in general

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:22:21 -0600

Paula, speaking of bagpipes.  When at CSUN a few years back, a friend of
mine from Scotland had brought along his pipes.  Unfortunately, he
couldn't find a place they would let him perform, so he came to my hotel
room one night.  You really haven't heard loud until you have listened
to a set of bag pipes in a 15 by 15 size room.  About 3 minutes into the
playing we heard a hard banging on the door.  Oh dear! I thought, we are
in trouble now.  The person burst into the room and seeing that there
was wall to wall people he simply asked, "Hey! Would you guys mind
leaving the door open?"