[bct] Re: Noisy restaurants and noise in general

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 09:03:03 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, Jake, jackhammers, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, snow blowers, and many
other modern power tools are problems when it comes to hearing.  So are
firearms that do not use silencers.  I used to target shoot and my ears would
ring afterwards.  Dad taught me to shoot a gun but he never taught me to
protect my hearing - he was very deaf later in life from exposure to loud
sounds, not the least of which was firearms practice.

The T going into Boston is so loud it is incredible.  I don't know what can be
done to make a train quieter though.  Headphones help, even if not playing
music or lectures.