[bct] Noisy restaurants and noise in general

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 03:00:51 -0500

There is this chain of, you cannot really call them restaurants, pizza places with many games inside called 'Chuck E. Cheese. They cater to kids and have abominable pizza. They are so bloody noisy that one cannot think.

I was challenged once about not being willing to go into one and I noted to the person that it was the same as if they had ear plugs and were blindfolded, at the same time. The noise pressure is so intense you cannot navigate by sound, you cannot tell anything by sound. I have been at the end of runways at Los Angeles International airport that were quieter.

Someplace, our society decided that it was normal for children to be noisy. This is artificial and baloney...but I have no real opinion on the subject. [grin]