[bct] Re: Noisy neighbors

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:13:01 -0600

I have a funny story and a different take on this.

A number of years ago, I had a noisy neighbor who had her giant stereo
speakers hung on the wall that adjoined our apartments.  I asked her
nicely for a few times to turn down her music.  She did not.  I
complained to the landlord, Nothing.  So one night, reasoning that it
was music I was about to record and not someone's private
conversation, I stood in the middle of my living room and recorded the
sound.  The next day, I called the landlord down and was once again
complaining to her abut the sound.  She asked if I would mind turning
down the stereo I had playing so she could hear me.  I told her that I
had wished I could do the same thing when I had recorded what she was
now hearing from my next door neighbor as I stood in the middle of the
living room.  My neighbor was gone within the week.

I suspect the difference here is that I was recording music and not a
private conversation or private screaming, if you will.