[bct] Re: Noise

  • From: "Lynnette" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:58:12 -0500

Hi Mike,
As a partially sighted person I sort of have my feet on both sides of the street since I use a screen reader as my primary mode of computer access but am still able to read print and get some visual cues.
Re loud restaurants, I can recall one in recent memory where the noise was at an unbelievable level. Thankfully, I was able to hear my nearest seatmates.

We were there supporting a fellow singer, who definitely had some serious competition with regard to a roomf full of loud conversation. Somehow, we were still able to hear him.

As a rule, though, NYC restaurants are really okay in terms of noise.