[bct] Nice autoharp podcast

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:47:53 -0600

Matthew.  Very nice, and nice recordings of the instrument.  I used to
have an autoharp many years ago and I still play in a jug band with a
woman who plays one.  We bring together any instruments we can find to
make sometimes rather silly sounding music.  The last time we had a
session, I found myself playing the pitch pipe of all things.  It was a
round pitch pipe which I constantly had to spin around and blow into the
correct holes.  Yes, if you really want to know, I did have blisters on
my lips.  No wonder pitch pipes are not featured as stand alone
instruments.

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone:  608-277-1995