[bct] Re: Nextup Voices

  • From: Stephen Clower <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jenny Axler <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:47:42 -0600

Jenny,

AT&T, Cepstral, and Neospeech voices will run whether or not you have
Text Aloud installed. The Real Speak voices only require that Text
Aloud be present on the computer, not running. The Acapela voices,
however, require Text Aloud to be running due to Acapela's very strict
pe machine licensing scheme. You will be able to run the voices
without Text Aloud for thirty days as a sort of demonstration, but
afterwords you must load Text Aloud for the voices to continue
speaking. Though I'm not a big fan of this kind of scheme, I prefer it
over the individual machine license which Acapela uses for the exact
same voices in its Infovox product.

On Sunday, March 19, 2006, 12:40:32 PM, you stood on a roof and loudly
proclaimed:

> Okay, the best thing might be to e-mail them.  I actually think though that
> it says on the site which ones will work independently and which ones will
> not.  basically if it does not say this will only work with text aloud, then
> you know it can safely be used.  I guess I can only confirm for sure that
> the real speak and acapella voices require it.

> Jenny

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: AudioRabbit03