[bct] Re: Next up voices.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:53:12 -0800

Okay, since everyone is weighing in here let me just tell you my results so we can put this thing to rest. Some of the next up voices will allow you to download and use independently with Jaws, but the newest ones, the scansoft voices do require that you have text aloud. So, i have downloaded Text aloud and the voice I purchased, and it works wonderfully with Jaws, is very responsive, does not crash and sounds wonderful. When that podcast was created, the real speak voices were not yet available, now they are and they work great. They are not slow like the neospeech, but they take up about one-third of the space.