[bct] Re: Next up voices.

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:33:03 -0500

Hi,

You can buy the voices alone.

Rick

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jenny Axler
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 7:27 PM
  Subject: [bct] Next up voices.

  Hello all,

  We've had some discussion about this, but i never got a clear answer to one
of my questions.  It is possible to purchase a variety of voices from Next up.
These voices are supposed to be Sapi 5 compliant.  What I am wanting to know
is, do you have to purchase the Text aloud program for these voices to work
with Jaws or any other screen reader that uses SAPI 5, or can you just purchase
the voices without Text Aloud.  The website tells me you must do both, but of
course, they want you to buy their product.  Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Jenny