[bct] Re: New womcast uploaded

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 06:49:57 -0500

Thanks Mary, as you can easily figure out, my love of science is never far below the surface of most anything I do.

By the way, planets must be spherical, there isn't any choice, gravity enforces this. Anything larger than about 300 ikm will always find itself in a spherical shape, sooner or later, since that shape presents the minimal surface area for the mass. It is why, if you spill a liquid in zero g, the individual microgravity of each bit of the liquid will dictate that it forms spheres. The actual shape is also helped by the surface tension of the liquid.

Anyway, enough of science 101.  Maybe I'll do a podcast on kitchen science.

Dan