[bct] Re: New pod casts

  • From: "Brent Harding" <bharding@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:42:08 -0600

A DVD podcast would be cool, how to do the part before you burn it on a video DVD. What I don't understand about DVD's, especially after reading wikipedia, is why a DVD with no video can't be made to play on a standard player. They say on there that for maximum compatibility, many audio DVD's have the Dolby encoded track that a standard player would play, but they don't say on there if such disks are absent of video. Is that what the audio_ts folder is for? If some picture is required, could it be low resolution static from an invalid channel I don't get, recorded from my TV card? I just found the ray of hope on Wikipedia because albums are made on DVD that play on normal players, implying they could be several hours long without video.