[bct] Re: New ftp password

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:18:49 -0500

We could also make a public write-only account.  That way, there would
be no reason to place files up there.

>>> neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, March 17, 2006 10:01:10 AM >>>
One solution to this might be for people on the list to have a
password
to the FTP site, so we could put up files.  However, only Larry would
be
able to down load them and that would require another password which
would not be broadcast to the list or on the web page.  Hackers are
less
likely to use an FTP site for storage if they can only upload.  They
want to do upload and download.  Of course, some smart computer person
may ultimately find the password that Larry is using, but that would
be
much easier to change than changing all of our passwords.

Neal