[bct] New Orleans

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:54:10 -0600

I had a wonderful time listening to your podcast on New Orleans last night
Don.  We were there in March of 2005.  We have probably been there at least
a dozen times.  I don't know what will be resurrected from the hurricane and
flood disaster.  I love the Beignets at Cafe Du Monde, the fried shrimp at
Acme Oyster Bar, the muffalettas at the Central Grocer and the shrimp Creole
and bread pudding at the Gumbo Shop.  I always bought some pralines too.  I
wish I had bought some fudge at the Fudgery after hearing all of the
delicious flavors.  There was always lots of good food and lots of things to
do and you could walk to many places you wanted to go.  The trolleys were
also an easy way to get around.  Lots of times they closed off Royal Street
to car traffic and bands would set up in the middle of the street and play.
Lots of interesting music.  New Orleans always seemed to deserve the moniker
of Music City more so than Nashville to me.  On our last visit we spent a
fascinating afternoon at the D Day Museum.

Thanks for sharing that nostalgic stroll.