[bct] Re: New Olympus

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:45:26 -0600

Merrill, you should check to see if there is any way to adjust the
parameters of the voice activation.  Some recorders let you set the
threshold such that it does not miss the first parts of words or
sometimes even whole words.  If it can be adjusted, you may find that it
does a nice job.  My Sony recorder with voice activation begins
recording as soon as I begin speaking.  Of course, if I were far enough
from the microphone, say across the room, it may not, but I have set it
for my voice at a normal distance and it works like a charm.

Neal