[bct] Re: New Olympus

  • From: Merrill Louise <merrill.louise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 07:27:31 -0500

On voice activation: I accidentally had this option set on an Olympus
I use to record my worship gathering--nothing fancy here. I'm leading,
not being the audio engineer. Well, for public speaking, I speak
slowly and carefully, pausing for emphasis  or to let a thought sink
in. I usually have over an hour of recording. I had 37 minutes. The
recording was unusable because when I paused--or at least the machine
thought I paused--it shut off. Then I said the next word. It turned
on. What I ended up with was a recording where one word tripped over
another and every five to ten words, one was missing. I tracked down
the menu I had gotten into by mistake and changed the setting! Voice
activation is gone, gone gone. Merrill