[bct] Re: New Olympus

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:55:17 -0600

Beth, for taking notes, this would be nice.  For doing podcasts, not so
nice in that it does not record in either MP3 or Wave.  I have used
Olympus recorders with voice activation and in a quiet room, they work
quite well.  You can talk for a while and then stop to think of
something.  If you are very quiet when you are thinking, the recorder
will stop recording until you speak again.  So if you pause 15 seconds
to collect your thoughts, the actual pause you hear in the final
recording may be only something like 1 second.  It's very nice in that
regard. I just wish it was more podcast ready, but as I said, if you
want it for taking notes, it sounds nice.  I don't have a way to compare
it with other Olympus units since it is not out yet.

I hope this helps.