[bct] Re: New Community Portal / News Aggregator for the Blind

  • From: Chetan Bakhru <drunkenmonkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:32:26 -0700

Hi Farhan,

The name actually stands for "Love To Be A Blindy". Actually, I wasn't the one
who came up with the name; my girlfriend came up with it in January of 2005
when she wanted to start a web site. She eventually got tired of coding so she
handed it over to me, so that's how it came about.

Quoting Farhan Khan <Farhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi, just a question here, how'd you think of the domain name, you were going to use for your website?
ON 5/19/2006 at 8:43 Chetan Bakhru said
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have redone my entire web site from
scratch, and it is now a lot faster and a lot more screen reader friendly. My
site can now be used by blind individuals to obtain the latest news on
blindness-related issues. When you go to http://luv2bablyndi.net, you will find
news from different sources all collected into one area. Right now, all of the
news articles are from blogs which I'm sure most of you are familiar with. The
site updates once every hour if there are new postings available. Clicking on
the "News Aggregator" link on my site will allow you to read all of the latest
articles. Along with the text of those articles is a link to the actual post.
You no longer have to check each blog individually; all of it is right there at
your disposal. If any of you have feeds which you would like added to the site,
please send them along. You do not have to create a user account on the site in
order to read news. If you do create an account though, you'll get access to my
community portal features, such as chat, your own blog, books and more. I'm
also working on an automated system where people can upload there own podcasts
and have them immediately show up on the site. New features will be added every
few weeks. Please let me know what you think of this idea.