[bct] New Blind Cool Tech Chat Room Open

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:19:32 -0600

Hi Fellow subscribers,

I have been working with George Buys of Talking Communities to create a chat room just for blind cool tech. The room will accommodate 25 people at a time. It is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Larry will soon add a link on the blind cool tech web page that will make it easy to enter the chat room. In the meantime, I am going to give you a link in this email that will take you to the log in page for the chat room. I would like to invite you to try it out.

Once you click on the below link, you will be taken to a page where you can type in your name and press the log in button. If you already have the talking communities software on your computer, you will be taken directly in to the room. If you do not have the software, you will be prompted to install it. This is quite fast and pretty automated. Once the software is installed, you will be in the room. You can press alt-u to place your focus on a list of current users in the room. If you are the only one in there, only your name will be in the list. You read the list with the up and down arrow keys. When you want to talk, press and hold your control key. You will hear a little blip sound when you are live begin speaking. Keep the control key down until you are finished talking and release it when done. Of course, you will have to have a microphone connected to your computer before you can be heard.

I will try to be around the room a good bit this weekend but will obviously be in and out. I am viewing this as an experiment. We will all have to learn together how best to make use of this room.

If you want to give it a try, here is the link.
http://67.19.231.218/v4/login.asp?r=32da26a6&p=0

I hope to see you there.

Robert Carter