[bct] Re: Need a little help with Libsyn

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:23:58 -0800

Jamie,

Libsyn is very easy to use. You can even FTP your podcasts up to Libsyn without logging in; but you have to log in to publish your podcast; publishing requires only that you already have the file up there, although you could upload from the site also. You choose the file to publish, then tab down till you get to the word "post", and press enter on it.

They have four plans to choose from; each plan allows you to have a certain amount of storage that you are given each month. I started out with the $20 plan which allows for 512 meg, but then I reduced it and changed it to the $10 plan which is 250 meg a month, which is about right for me. They also have a $5 plan with 100 meg a month, and $30 which I think is a gig.

As I've mentioned, you have to use PayPal to finance your Libsyn subscription. I wish they'd change that to allow credit card payments. Maybe they will, some time soon.

You also have a blog page you can use optionally. You can also set up your blog page to look the way you want, but I haven't done that; I just use Libsyn for podcasting. Maybe Hope can fill us in on how she got her page set up. It looks nice.

Mary