[bct] Neal's Christmas CD's

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:14:12 -0800

    Hi everyone,

The two Christmas CD's arrived today, which is quite a surprise, but CD Baby
shipped them very quickly. So far I'm listening to the one Neal previewed in
his podcast and it is lovely!

Just a thought: Neal, have you considered using a viola sound for some of the
carols? It has a far richer sound in its higher octaves. I recall one version
of one of Cesar Franck's works for violin and piano in which a viola was used
instead of a violin and it really added beauty to the piece. A violin is
lovely, but sometimes it can be just a tiny bit shrill, although yours was not,
definitely not, shrill; it sang and soared to the heights! I just wondered if
you considered a viola sometimes. I think they are sadly under-utilized and
they have a lot of potential.

Mary