[bct] My dandy little diddy called A song of Salvation

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:54:07 -0600

Hi Friends:

In order that you can understand the lyrics of
my song of salvation you must understand a southern expression.  In the south,
when we want to speak of something a week ago today, we say "last
Sunday week", instead of a week ago last Sunday.  Keeping this in mind, here is
my song of salvation.  It is written in the Hank Williams Junior vain and sung
with music also composed by me and played on the guitar.  I hope I don't offend
anyone with these postings.

A Week Old Today

Verse 1:

If there's a smile on my face that aint been there before
If it looks like my feet don't quite touch the floor
If there's a song in my heart its cuz I'm happy to say
Me and my Jesus are a week old today

I found salvation last Sunday week
Now there's no secrets just a promise to keep
He told me he loved me and that he's here to stay
Me and my Jesus are a week old today

Verse 2:

I've read the Bible in search of the proof
Always denying the obvious truth
Jesus he lived here and one day his life gave
So that Dana the sinner one day he might save

Verse 3:

If you want what I got it's easy to get
Just because it aint happened don't mean it won't yet
Just open your Bible to the book of friend John
Soon non believer you'll realize you're wrong

I wrote this a week after that point I spoke of in my career cast submission to
the BCT. program.  The time I am speaking of came just a week after finishing
the Pastor's challenge I also mentioned.  Happy Sunday all!