[bct] My Recorder Verdict

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:40:37 -0600

Hi Friends:

After playing with three recorders, Sound Forge, Gold Wave and Studio Recorder,
I have come to the following conclusion.  Studio Recorder is the easiest to use
strait off the web.  If you are looking for a piece of software that will allow
you one key stroke commands to perform its primary functions then this is the
program you want.  I did not need to read a book or even a help file to begin
using its many features.  While I'll admit it doesn't have many of the special
effects contained within the other two, yet, I'm sure Rob is not going to let
us down when it comes to the final version.  For those of you who might have
given it a try and found your recording to be distorted in play back mode, try
normalizing the recording and it will sound much better.  I am pleased to say I
am now working on my career/life cast and will be uploading it Monday next.
While I will certainly keep my other two free trial versions of the popular
programs, I wish to also point out that Gold Wave is only good for 150 commands
before shut down and Sound Forge only works for 30 days.  Studio Recorder works
for 90 days.  I also, as yet do not have an expensive microphone so I found
Studio Recorders normalize option allowed me the highest quality recording
without all the hassle of figuring out what to adjust to make it sound better.
I am anxiously listening forward to the next release of this easy to use