[bct] Music therapy

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:16:59 -0600

Jamie your podcast on being a music therapist was extremely interesting.  I
am sure there must be studies that show how music affects a person's brain
chemistry.  It certainly seems to have a positive effect on some people you
have worked with.  The nice thing is that it is therapy with no deleterious
side effects, unlike many prescription drugs.

Do you have to seek out clients on your own as an independent contractor, or
do you work for a company that refers clients to you?

I think your job would be challenging but the gratification of seeing that
you have made a positive impact on someone else's life must be quite
rewarding.  Thanks for informing me a little bit about a career I knew
nothing about.

Joni