[bct] Re: Multitrack digital recorders

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:20:49 -0500

Major phasing issues, you bet.  The problem, or at least one problem is
that binaural mikes are omni directional and thus they pick up some
sound at 180 degrees off axes or behind them.  So, now you have two sets
of mikes whose 180 degree off axes is being mixed into separate channels
along with the sound from the front of 4 mikes.  I don't think you will
like the sound.  It's a great idea, but people who make this kind of
array have done a lot to deal with the problems encountered here.

Neal