[bct] Re: Multitrack digital recorders

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:47:20 -0500

Fred, first, welcome to the list.  I own a 4 track recorder from Sound
Devices.  It is the 744t from
sounddevices.com

It records to either or both a flash card and a 40 gig hard drive

Accessible?  Well, that depends on what you mean.  There were many
things done to make this recorder more accessible than it might have
been without the help of various people.  In addition, they are soon
coming out with a device that allows you to have a keypad connected to
the device which will allow you to record macros.  So, if you go to a
particular menu and change X parameter, you will be able to record a
macro of the steps you take and link it to a keystroke.  That is about
as accessible as I think you will find.  And now the bad news.  The
price is about $4000.  Sorry, I didn't really mean to pop your bubble,
and perhaps I didn't, but there you have it.

Neal