[bct] Re: Moving on? Not quite yet.

  • From: Tim Cross <tcross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:33:44 +1100

Hi Lois,

probably not a good time to use phrases like 'forging ahead' - there
seems to be too much forging going on just now. Just kidding, we need
a bit of humor here right now.

Lets not over react to this as thats exactly what this fool wants. The
message witht he unfortunate character combination which crashes
eloquence and ViaVoice is not the end of the world - that bug has been
there for ages and we have lived with it. there are ways to work
around it.

There is little that can be done regarding this fool and like most
attention seeking children, the best thing to do is ignore the bad
behavior. While its unfortunate we have to be more careful about what
we download and what our e-mail address can be used for and we now
know that with certain speech synthesises you can cause them to crash
by having a certain combination of letters, none of this is really
new. We should lways be careful about software installs, we should all
know that you cannot trust e-mail to be from who it claims to be from
and we should all know that from time to time, software has bugs which
we have to live with.

It could even be argued, although rather poorly, that this fool has
done us a favor by raising our consciousness to the realities of
e-mail addresses, the weaknesses of our technology and the dangers of
installing software. We now all know a bit more and we should all be a
bit wiser from the experience and that can't all be bad.