[bct] Re: Most accessible blogs with JAWS

  • From: "Jane Jordan (gmail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:22:16 -0500

OK, how would I set this up? I have a SkypeIn number--does this mean I cna use it to call out, or do I have to just add the number in my SkypeOut and just hope it works?

On May 24, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Borris de Norie wrote:

Sure, you could post via Skype, although the result will probably not
sound all that great, even being that it is a phone post. Skype's compression over an overly loud voice
posting thingy ought to be interesting.
Posting from sell phones sounded really bad for a while, as those tend
to be pretty normalized. I'm not sure if they've fixed their levels
over there yet, but it used to be hugely bad.
On 5/24/2006, 6:24:00 PM EST, Jane wrote:

I've got a paid account, but I have yet to play with the audio
posting.  I wonder if I ought to.  Do you know if it will work with
Skype now, seing as it's got such an odd number setup?  Heck, I don't
even know what it says.

On May 24, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Chris Skarstad wrote:

hi. You absolutely can not go wrong with Live Journal.
A journal itself is free, and you get additional features like
audio posting if you sign up for a paid account.
The site has several different layouts you can choose from, so if
you find a look and feel you like, you can stick to that one.  The
colors and what the links say for comments can be customized. No 2
Live journals look the same, unless of course you decided you just
want to stick with the regular default settings which are certainly
usable with all the major screenreaders.
Like I said, you can't go wrong with Live Journal, or lj as we fans
like to call it.

At 05:38 AM 5/24/2006, you wrote:
Hi everyone

I want to set up a Blog but, am not sure which one to use for best
access using JAWS.

I would be very greatful for any pointers.

Thanks very much.

Paul Hopkins - Manager

Queen Alexandra College
Court Oak Road
B17 9TG

Tel: 0121 428 5018

Fax: 0121 428 5048
E-mail: <mailto:allformats@xxxxxxxxx>allformats@xxxxxxxxx
Web: <http://www.allformats.org.uk/>www.allformats.org.uk

Allformats - Braille, Audio, Digital and Large Print Resources for
Access by People with a Visual Impairment.

******************************************************************* **
The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment)
sent by All Formats is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended only
for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and
notify the sender immediately,
at the above telephone number. Unauthorised access, use,
disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful.
******************************************************************* **

-- -- Patrick Perdue (MCP, CNA)
Greensboro, NC
website: http://www.pdaudio.net
home: +1(828)221-2971
Mobile phone and SMS: +1(336)509-5583
e-mail and .net messenger: <Patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
skype: Borris
For anything related to the yamaha motif line of keyboards and
modules, subscribe to the motif-help mailing list by sending a
blank message to:

This message originally sent in reply to juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 6:26 PM EDT.