[bct] Re: More on dogs

  • From: "Lynnette" <lynnette_tatum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:47:09 -0500

Message<serious chuckle>  Unbelievable!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rose Combs
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 11:35 PM
  Subject: [bct] More on dogs

  I just listened to your more dog cast.  I have to tell you a funny story.  I
am not a dog user, but I have had dogs all my adult life.  Anyway, one year my
husband and several other blind or visually-impaired men were bowling in a
tournament and, since women were not allowed to bowl, I was sitting back behind
the lanes reading a braille book.  I also had three dogs to sort of watch, one
under a table (his choice) and one on each side of me.  Occasionally I'd pet
one of them or talk to them but I was fairly engrossed in my book.  I always
hear things around me even when engrossed in a book and while I was sitting
there a couple of ladies walked by me and one said "Oh, My, that lady is in
such bad shape she needs two dogs to help her.  The other lady said "No, she
needs one to help her navigate and one to read her mail!

  I can tell you I had a hard time not to laugh out loud and wondered what they
would have figured the third dog was for had they notice him.

  Rose Combs