[bct] Re: More accessible audible Manager V. coming soon

  • From: "J Garcia" <j.garcia235@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 05:44:02 -0800

Regarding the FS upgrades, you will be less likely to purchase a jaws
upgrade if it has none of those useless jaws features and only bug fixes, so
from a self-preservation business point of view FS is correct in using
useless features to lure customers into continuing the purchase of SMAs.
Basically, the longer the list of useless jaws features, the more likely you
are to buy the upgrade whether you need it or not. The mindset is to get you
to think: "Wow, this upgrade will do lots for me--I've got to have it." I
can site the scientific data regarding the elaboration likelihood model used
to explain this tactic but it will only bore you to death. By the way, guess
where else you see this type of aggressive product peddling--infomercials. I
guess if I were in business I would do the same. Then again I'm not asking
my customers to pay for an upgrade with 70% fat on a yearly basis when
Microsoft sells their industry changing upgrades for about the same price
but lasts for many years. Did I just put down FS? Its all gray.

Thanks,

J Garcia