[bct] Re: More accessible audible Manager V. coming soon

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:47:37 -0600

Hi All,

I am curious why I am so in the minority on this one. The current version of audible manager works fine for me. I am using Window-Eyes and about all I do with audible manager is download from my audible library and occasionally play a book with the desktop player. I do have to use the mouse pointer to do a few things but for me it is very doable. Perhaps you all are doing more complicated things with audible manager or perhaps it works better with Window-Eyes than with jaws.

Don't get me wrong, I will welcome a more accessible version but am just not really having serious problems with the current version. One nice thing about the current version is the fact that it will start a download from the audible library in the background without first launching audible manager.

Robert Carter

At 03:22 AM 3/2/2006, you wrote:
Of course, I meant the 98 version of Audible Manager...

Eric SS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 4:19 AM Subject: [bct] Re: More accessible audible Manager V. coming soon

Let me second Lynette's suggestion that you download and use the Windows 95 version of the Audible Manager. This is per an Audible tech support person, but actually for the reason I was having problems with burning CD's. I just had to install to a new PC recently and snagged the 95 edition and it still works great.

Eric SS