[bct] Re: More about talent show

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:35:41 -0600

Marsha, Do you know what frequencies they tested when you had your
hearing test?  I was told, when I last had mine, that they only tested
speech frequencies.  I was also told that if needed, they could do a
fuller frequency test but that they were not all that accurately given
for the most part.  I would be curious to know more about what can be
tested.  I wasn't sure I believed the person who did my test.  I'm
suspecting that if one has severe hearing problems, there are better
tests that can be given.  Do you know what frequency range they tested
and do you have any suggestions for a professional I might see to have
this done?  I am not losing my hearing.  I do know from simple tests
that I have done in the recording studio that I can no longer hear 20000
cycles per second, but I would be surprised, at my age, if I hadn't lost
some of the top frequencies.
Thanks much.