[bct] Re: More about talent show

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:18:05 +1300

I couldn't agree more. I've never really liked loud restaurants but I think I am less tolerant now. Or are they louder? It seems here in New Zealand they are all wooden with awful acoustics and they are horrid. A friend and I were having a meal once and she asked if they could turn down the music. They were quite indignant and pointed out that it was live. Well we didn't know that and found it quite amusing though we suggested even so perhaps they could lower their amplifiers a little. They didn't. I must admit these days I avoid restaurants if I know they are going to be particularly loud, or I leave if the noise on arrival is already deafening.

Cheers
Paula.