[bct] Re: More ON Gold Wave

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:48:21 +0100

     I use an unregistered version but it seems to work fine.  My own problem
that emailed oyu dorectly about has gone away but I don't know why (grinds
teeth in annoyance).

I can ony suggest that you try a process of elimination, change the connection,
change the source etc.  Also try the Goldwave mailing list.  Unfortunately I
don't have the address but I am sure somebody else will.

I do recall seeing a timer feature spmewhere in Goldwave so that you set start
time and length.  I will check the details later when I have time and get back
to you.

>>> sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx 10/12/05 07:36pm >>>
Graham, Mary, thanks for your suggestions.  I still have a no go.

I have checked all of the settings I can, on two machines, and timed
recording still is not working.  I can record manually, so I know things are
working as far as the sound card, mic, etc.

I just wonder if perhaps because this is an unregistered copy of Gold Wave
that feature might not work?  I don't get any error messages.  I do create a
file of the appropriate size, as though it had recorded, too.

I will appreciate any other suggestions.  My goal here is to do a timed
recording, i.e., start recording from an external source or even a stream at
a set time for a set length, like radio/TV/streaming programs.

Many thanks!

Eric SS