[bct] More Juice Mystery?

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:25:07 -0600

Hi Friends:
At the suggestion of the folks who seem to know much more than me, I have
deleted some pod cast folders that contained defective files.  I also deleted
the feed from the subscriptions list within Juice.  Then, to make quite sure
these files were no longer on my computer, I emptied the recycle bin of all its
contents.  After reentering the feed address and using the catch up mode,
making sure to change any skipped episodes to, "to download", I am still left
with a mystery.  There are episodes queued but will simply not download.  Even
if I use the, "get it now" feature, nothing happens.  I have been told to try
downloading the file via my browser and this I have done.  The file is stored
in the appropriate folder along with the rest of the pod casts caught by the
Juice.  The file is also defective.  I realize that we are all just getting
started into this new internet radio era but I think it would be helpful if any
of us who are already putting up pod casts deleted from there feed the ones
that are defective.  I am not exactly sure why I am having problems getting the
ones I have queued to download but I have a theory.  I think it is because the
Juice recognizes the same file name as one that it has already attempted to
catch and won't attempt to download it a second time.  Make sense to anyone
else?

Dana Paul Niswonger
Honestly imperfect.
Living Life to It's Fullness