[bct] Re: More Christmas stuff

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:01:54 -0500

Hi Maria, well, pagans do sing some secular caroles, if you can call them caroles. Usually they are a wee tad irreverant and even a bit bawdy. Here's a very brief example, not to be taken literally, just for fun, to the tune of Give me that Old Time Religion.

We will worship like the Druids
drinking strange, fermented fluids
running naked through the woods
and that's good enough for me

As I said, it is not literal, we do not run naked through the woods, but we have been known to drink fermented fluids on the occasion of a holiday.

Pagans often develop chants rather than caroles, they are often like the Gregorian chants of the Medieval church, but usually in the language of the people, not Latin. I happen to be most fond of Gregorian chants.

I want to start a cassino called the Gregorian Chance...be sure to spell it out.

Dan