[bct] More Christmas stuff

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 20:12:49 -0800

Hi all,

Well as usual, after filling out that wonderful survey there were more things
that came to mind, so let's all just have fun with more holiday stuff! I wish
we had more traditions represented, like Chanukkah and other celebrations
around the world.

Another favorite carol is Every Star Shall Sing a Carol, every creature high
and low, and I forgot the rest of the words but it's wonderful!

Christmas traditions: every year i like to listen to Dylan Thomas reading a
Child's Christmas in Wales; I learn something new every time I hear it. I have
a recording of him reading it, which came out on CD quite a while ago.

And one of the chapters of T. H. White's Sword in the Stone is about a Medieval
Christmas and I love hearing Alexander Scourby reading that.

And food! Those big holiday boxes of cheese and goodies. I have eaten far too
much of that already! And anything with cinnamon in it, Christmas cookies and
anything that smells like holiday baking; I have a couple of things from Ed
Potter's playback marketing catalog--one is a little bag of wax Christmas
trees, that can be set out in bowls and they smell like a pine tree. I have
another set that, I think, are little red bells and they smell like vanilla and

Movies: I also love The Santa Clause, especially the part when they enter the
toy shop at the north pole. It just brings out the kid in me!