[bct] Re: Minidisk and USB device questions.

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:22:55 -0600

Jenny, I can't help much with your first question except to say that I
have heard others say that the software to get mini disk files to one's
computer is very graphical.  It is also evidently very slow as well.
I'll try to do some more research.

As for your second question about mono and stereo, if you have only a
mono jack on your computer, I'm afraid that's all you're going to get.
It's up to the internal mike pre-amp of the computer to determine
whether the signal is processed in mono or stereo.  One can get stereo
microphone pre-amps that plug into the line in jack on the computer,
assuming you have one, and this will give you a stereo signal.  I
believe Sound Professionals sells a reasonably inexpensive one.
http://www.soundprofessionals.com
Actually, you might be able to use your mini disk recorder as a mike
pre-amp.  Simply place the recorder in record pause, connect it to the
line in jack of the computer and plug the mike into the recorder.

I hope this helps.

Neal