[bct] Minidisk and USB device questions.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:06:43 -0800

Hello all,  i am new to the list, so please forgive me if anything i ask has
been covered.

I recently purchased a sony mz-rh910 minidisk recorder.  The recorder works
fabulously with the set of binaural microphones i also purchased.  However, the
software that allows one to transfer from the recorder to the computer and from
the computer to the recorder, appears to be completely graphical.  It came with
Sonic Stage, and MD simple burner.  Does anyone know of other software that
will allow me to do these things, or a way to make the included software
accessible?

I also purchased a C media USB sound device, a nice little gadget that looks
like a jump drive with two jacks on the end of it which is supposed to provide
one with a stereo microphone input and a line output supporting 5.1 stereo
affects.  I have a laptop with only a monoral input, so was hoping this would
provide me a stereo input source.  However, I am still only getting a mono
signal from my stereo device to the computer.  The small amount of
documentation I found tells me that there is also supposed to be a way to set
the microphone boost so that I could record directly from a microphone without
a preamp, but I cannot find anything that allows me to change settings on this
device.  The documentation does not give specific instructions on how to do any
of this.  Does anyone know anything about these devices?

Thanks for any help any of you can provide me,
Jenny Axler