[bct] Re: Minidisc progress.

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:57:35 -0600

Jenny, given that the noise is coming from the mikes, and given that you
don't at present have a good noise reduction system, let's see what we
can come up with.

Do you place the mikes on your ears as directed for getting binaural
recordings?  this is fine if you actually want to pick up sounds around
you in a binaural manner, but if what you really want to do is record
your voice, part of the problem with placing them on your ears is that
you are quite far away from them and they are both pointing away from
your mouth.  So, if you do not need the binaural aspect, I would suggest
getting the mikes closer to you.  Of course, if you're moving around
when talking, you will probably want to attach them to you in some way.
On the other hand, if you're sitting still at a desk or table, you could
simply put one or both of them in front of you on the table so that you
maximize the sound of your voice relative to the microphone noise.  Of
course, they are small enough that they could easily be accidentally
moved, so you may want to tape the cable to the desk with the mike
pointing in the desired direction.
Just my thoughts at the moment.