[bct] Re: Minidisc progress.

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:13:02 -0600

Jeff, good question.  Jenny, what kind of noise are you wanting to
remove.  Dedicated noise reducers often can be made to listen to a
portion of background noise and then try to remove it.  So, this works
quite well for things like noisy microphone pre-amps, certain kinds of
constant noise from motors, etc.  However, it may not take out things
like the sounds made by cat's dogs, or fish, because that noise is not
always going to be the same.  Well, perhaps fish say the same things
over and over, but only Dan would know that and only if he has had
enough scotch.  So, tell us what you are trying to remove and let's see
if we can come up with a plan.  One thing that Dan and others on this
list have discovered is that the closer you can get to the mike, the
less background noise you will have to deal with.  Actually, you will
likely have less microphone noise as well because you are maximizing the
sound of your voice relative to the mike noise.

Neal.  What, only one Neal this time?