[bct] Re: Minidisc progress.

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 14:49:02 -0800

David,

The sound is like white noise, like a laptop's fan or something. It's not horrible. The sound professionals replaced my bad microphones, and the new ones do work better, however, there is just more internal noise than you hear on some of the really nice recordings people with good equipment have done for these podcasts. As i said, i am just more particular than i have to be. The noise isn't that loud, but it is enough to cover some of the softer sounds that you hear in a room. even though I had the watery artifacts with wave pad, i was amazed at what came out when I took out the white noise, the things I heard. If i had not had the watery effects, it really would have brought the room to life. Because the noise is so minimal though, it would not take much to remove it. it is just that this program, being freeware, isn't very good.

Jenny

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>